Monday, June 1, 2009

Blogging Around

First I commented on Nick's blog. He talked about how blogs were good for recap and carrrying forward ideas from english, but also how at times they could irritating to write.

Brenner-

Like everyone else, I completely agree with what you have said. While the blogs do allow us to solidify and re-entrench what we’ve learned in class, they are sometimes useless and frustrating in that, at times, they seem to be assigned arbitrarily and with prompts that are too specific.

I remember cringing while reading the dialectics prompt and trying to think of something, anything to say that might be anywhere near what Mr. Allen wanted. Like Choi said, the appropriate solution is to just ramble on until you have something that has some decent idea somewhere, hopefully.

Next, I took a look at Jonathan's blog. He commented on how blogs were unique and important because of their flexibility and because the different requirements allowed us to say things that we didn't have time for in class, weren't sure how to articulate etc.


Choi-

Just finishing up the Spanish video. Just realized my computer can’t burn dvds… oops…

Anyhow, I kind of felt the same about blogging, especially in regards to the flexibility and how it allows us to just kind of rant if we want too. That’s what’s best abouot blogging. It’s a space for yourself and your ideas. You can posts things you might not have had time to say in class, and thus it acts as a nice addendum to the learning environment. However, while you talk about how it helped you make your thoughts defined so that you could understand yourself better, I felt that blogging simply allowed me to better articulate more inner thoughts and ponderings.

No comments: